Skip to Content
Solutions from this portfolio comprises customized propulsion systems and Auxiliary power supplies for onboard / underslung application in any type of Rail Vehicles (Electric/ Diesel Locomotive, Metro cars, EMUs, Passenger cars), irrespective of whether it is newly built or refurbished. The technology is based on the very latest IGBT power modules, diagnosis-friendly Sibas® and Sibcos® microprocessor controls, and Siemens’ global expertise in engineering, production and service.
Products in India
Auxiliary Power supplies are required in trains and locomotives to feed air conditioner, heater, lights, fans and machines that support the propulsion system and control braking. Siemens is a pioneer in India to bring in the state-of-the-art IGBT based Auxiliary Power supplies for the trains and locomotives. Rolling Stock of Indian Railways now benefits from low maintenance cost and better efficiencies. The power supplies for auxiliaries are supplied in following ratings for various applications in train and locomotives.
1. 180KVA converters for AC Locomotives
2. 25KVA Converter for Passenger Car (Onboard Version)
3. 25KVA Converter for Locomotives (Underslung Version)
4. 500KVA Converter for fully air conditioned train (being introduced shortly)
5. Propulsion system including traction converter and traction motor, Auxiliary converters, control systems for all kind of rail based vehicle i.e. Locomotives, EMUs, urban transport vehicles and trains.