Skip to Content
Project 'Asha' (asha means hope in Hindi) is a pilot project that showcases a sustainable approach to integrated community development in a rural area. The project focuses on enhancing the living condition of people who live without basic necessities such as electricity, clean drinking water or basic healthcare.
The project integrates innovative technologies from Siemens such as water solutions, AC drives and renewable energy solutions with community development initiatives. The project has been executed with the active participation of the community right from its inception.
Area of operations:
Amle village, Suryamal- Kevnale group gram panchayat, Mokhada, Thane
|Electricity||Improved living conditions|
|Water conservation||• Consumption and livelihood through rain water harvesting
• Availability of clean drinking water
• Increased land under irrigation
|Income generating activities||Reduced migration leading to increase in income|
|Health education sessions||Reduction in mortalities|
|Formation and capacity building of community based organisations||Self-sustained rural community|
• AROEHAN, Nirmala Niketan, College of Social Work.
• Forest Department, District Collector, Panchayat and the
Village Development Committee
• Samved Energy Systems for solar installations
• BASF for their inputs on modern agricultural methods as well as products.